Friends of Ngong Road is a volunteer run organization. Most of the essential duties of running this organization are handled by volunteers. The list below includes a few of the many roles filled by volunteers in our organization today. If any of these are of interest to you, we would be delighted to add you to our team of dedicated volunteers. Please contact us at Info@NgongRoad.org if you are interested in getting involved.
Here are just a few of the functions we handle with volunteers:
- Governance – our Board of Directors consists of people who volunteer up to 20 hours per week ensuring that essential functions are performed, while also setting strategy for the organization.
- Development – fund-raising events, handicraft sales, grant-writing and direct solicitation
- Communications – writing and producing a quarterly newsletter, managing the website and producing sponsor communications
- Marketing Committee – design, write and plan our fall fund-raising appeal and other important marketing initiatives
- Operations – processing checks, producing thank you notes and generating reports to ensure ongoing operational effectiveness
- Financial – bank reconciliations, financial statement production and board reporting
- Budgeting and Planning – financial modeling, annual and strategic planning
- Presentations – to a wide variety of audiences, including current sponsors and prospective supporters
- Administrative help – we always need people to help with running the program
- Special projects – we have worked with a variety of volunteers over time to develop special projects that meet an academic need and a need of the organization
- Camp in Kenya – whether as a full-camp counselor or as part of a safari trip volunteering at camp will change your life. Learn more