We encourage you to get involved with Friends of Ngong Road. An investment in Friends of Ngong Road literally transforms lives. You can sponsor a child, donate, give time or help us spread the word — whatever you desire. It all makes a huge difference in the lives of the children.
- Sponsor: Sponsorship is one of the most rewarding engagements you can have with the students in the program. You’ll learn about their background, current life, school life, hopes and challenges and more. You’ll help cheer them on and provide mentorship and accountability. Sponsors can be individuals, families, or “shared” sponsors where multiple individuals or families sponsor one student together. Sponsors make a multi-year commitment and build a relationship with their child in Kenya through regular letter and email writing. Learn more
- Donate: While about half of the per-child costs are covered by the sponsorship fee we must raise the other half every year. Donations provide important services like two meals a day, one on the weekend, regular healthcare, and a supportive caseworker and community. Learn more
- Volunteer: Since its founding, Friends of Ngong Road has been highly impacted by great volunteers. We are always looking for volunteers for both short and long term projects. We need people to help with events, communications/marketing, mailings, data entry and more! If you have an idea, we want to hear it! Learn more
- Spread the word: Do you belong to a book club, fraternal organization, church or club that would like to hear our story? We’d love to visit! Learn more
- Attend an Annual Gathering: In the autumn of every year we schedule a series of gatherings with our sponsors, donors, volunteers and friends. The largest is in the Minneapolis, MN area and frequently includes a special guest from Kenya or other guest speakers. Learn more
- Visit us in Kenya: We invite you to visit us in Kenya. You may want to attend our annual August Camp, tour the office and schools, or join one of our group travels. If you would like to visit us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more