We encourage you to get involved with Friends of Ngong Road. An investment in Friends of Ngong Road literally transforms lives. You can sponsor a child, donate money, give time or help us spread the word — whatever you desire. It all makes a huge difference in the lives of the children at Ngong Road Children Association.
The primary role of Friends of Ngong Road is to provide resources by finding sponsors and donors. See below for a full explanation of ways you can help.
- Sponsor: A main focus of Friends of Ngong Road is to recruit sponsors to be paired with children. We hope to recruit people willing to make a multi-year commitment who will also invest a small amount of time to build a relationship with their child in Kenya.Learn more
- Donate: While about half of the per-child costs are covered by the sponsorship fee we must raise the other half every year. When we began the sponsorship fee covered almost all of the costs. However, inflation runs about 20% annually in Kenya and we have enhanced our program with breakfast daily, meals during school breaks and extended counseling. This means we need to raise incremental Sustaining funds every year.Learn more
- Volunteer: Friends of Ngong Road is 100% volunteer-managed. We are always looking for volunteers for both short and long term projects. We need people to help with our events, communications/marketing, budgeting and processing, data entry and management. Learn more
- Spread the word: Do you belong to a book club, fraternal organization, church or club that would like to hear our story? One of our board members would be happy to speak to them.Learn more
- Attend an Annual Gathering: In the autumn of every year we schedule a series of gatherings with our sponsors, donors, volunteers and friends. The largest is in the Twin Cities area and frequently includes a special guest from Kenya or other guest speakers. You are invited to attend the Annual Gathering closest to you. If you would like to host an Annual Gathering in your location let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more
- Visit us in Kenya: We invite you to visit us in Kenya. You may want to attend our annual August Camp or join one of our group travels. If you would like to visit us, please let us know at email@example.com. Learn more