In 2021 the Friends of Ngong Road Board of Directors concluded a strategic planning process that will guide our work for the next five years. We have made significant changes in our Mission and Vision to better reflect how the program is running today, and where we will need to focus our energy over the next five years.
UPDATED MISSION STATEMENT: recognizes the importance of employment in life transformation
“Empower Nairobi children living in poverty to transform their lives through education and support leading to employment.”
VISION: outlines our aspirations for the next five years
- Double our Impact in Kenya
- Double the number of active students in the program from 375 to 750
- Increase the number of alumni from 125 to 325.
- Program will then have affected 1000+ students.
- Improve employment outcomes
- Enhance existing programs supportive of employment: Life Skills Training (high school); computer skills training (high school graduates); guidance counseling (high school); and alumni program. New initiatives will include TechMates internships; entrepreneurship training; and an expanded placement office.
- Achieve goal of 75% or more of graduates employed within six months of program completion
- Ensure organizational sustainability
- Implement streamlined operations (technology, program, process)
- Define and implement post-founder operating model and organization structure
- Ensure a sustainable financial infrastructure
- Define earned income strategy
- Evaluate Karibu Loo Limited’s strategic future – grow, hold or divest
- Consider other earned income opportunities
SHARED VALUES AND CULTURE: shape how we act
- Reach Higher
- We have a purpose
- We care
- We drive results
- We learn together
An exciting and challenging five years lie ahead.
Thank you for your continued support as we make progress against our vision objectives.
Paula R. Meyer