Since its founding, Friends of Ngong’ Road has been highly impacted by volunteers. For the first ten years of the organization’s existence, it was completely run by volunteers. Today’s small number of staff gladly work with volunteers to make the mission possible. Email us at Info@NgongRoad.org if you are interested in getting involved.
Here are just a few of the ways to get involved. Other ideas are welcomed too!
- Ambassador Program – become an Ambassador for Friends of Ngong’ Road. Tell your friends and family members about the chance to completely change the trajectory of a child’s life born in the slums of Nairobi. Help grow the program by recruiting two sponsors and raising $2,000 in donations. Ambassadors receive a small budget to use each year and commit to being an Ambassador for two years. Learn about our Ambassadors and email email@example.com if you are interested in becoming an Ambassador.
- Development – fund-raising events, handicraft sales, grant-writing and direct solicitation
- Communications and Marketing– writing and producing a quarterly newsletter, managing the website and producing sponsor communications
- Administrative help – we always need people to help with running the program
- Special projects – we have worked with a variety of volunteers over time to develop special projects that meet an academic need and a need of the organization
- Camp in Kenya – whether as a full-camp counselor or as part of a safari trip, volunteering at camp will change your life. Learn more