The Saturday Program is held at a location convenient to the children with a field or space large enough to accommodate games and various activities.
- Early each Saturday morning, our cooks arrive to prepare food for the children. Through a combination of school lunches and the Saturday Program the children are assured at least one meal six days a week.
- Before the official start many children go to the library and check out books to read to themselves or out loud to an appreciative audience.
- Our event coordinator organizes activities including games and music. The caseworkers coordinate writing letters to sponsors, reading time in the library and scheduling time in the computer lab.
- A nurse is on hand to meet with individual children suffering from ailments, referring them to clinics or prescribing treatment as appropriate. Multivitamins and de-worming pills are distributed on a regular basis.
- Caseworkers take roll call every week and connect with each child to ensure they are getting the attention and support they need.
Two and a half minute video about our program produced by KMSP TV featuring our Saturday Program: