Two and a half minute video about our program produced by KMSP TV in 2011 featuring our Saturday Program:
The Saturday Program is held in a field near our campus which is large enough to accommodate games and various activities.
- Early each Saturday morning, our cooks arrive to prepare food for the children. Through the combination of school lunches and the Saturday Program the children are assured at least one meal six days a week.
- Before the official start many children go to the library and check out books to read to themselves or out loud to an appreciative audience.
- Our Saturday Program coordinator (one of the case managers on a rotating basis) organizes activities including games and music. The case managers coordinate writing letters to sponsors, reading time in the library and scheduling time in the computer lab.
- A nurse is on hand to meet with individual children suffering from ailments, referring them to clinics or prescribing treatment as appropriate. Multivitamins and de-worming pills are distributed on a regular basis.
- Case managers take roll call every week and connect with each child to ensure they are getting the attention and support they need.