Help us spread the word! We welcome opportunities to meet and speak with groups about the work we are doing in Kenya. One of the fun things about this organization is that people come up with their own ideas of how to help and we just do our best to get out of the way. Here are a few examples of wonderful activities that have supported the organization in unique and creative ways:
- Carol’s Knitting Ladies decided they wanted to sponsor a child so they pooled their resources and get regular updates from the child which are shared while they knit together. The group has sent more than 80 hats to Kenya that are now worn and appreciated by the children. (The video below tells this story).
- Six Mile Grove Lutheran WELCA splits a sponsorship with one of their members; the person who pays for half the sponsorship receives and shares correspondence and updates with others in the church women’s group.
- Creek Valley Elementary School did a book drive that helped us collect several hundred age-appropriate books using the theme “A Book and A Buck”. Each donated book was accompanied by $1, allowing us to pay for library supplies.
- Maura Roby‘s hobby is to make beautiful hand-made greeting cards. Each year she has a sale of the cards with no specified pricing – donations go to Friends of Ngong Road. Her sale seems to gain momentum each and every year.
- One of our sponsors hosted a cocktail party in her home in Arizona that included a silent auction with proceeds going to Friends of Ngong Road.
We are delighted to help you plan your event and to come with a message and some materials about the program. If your neighborhood, school, church, book club or other group would like to explore becoming involved in the work of Friends of Ngong Road, we would be happy to speak to them about the program. Please contact us at email@example.com.